Followers

Saturday 23 June 2012

I'm going to build this dollhouse!

What do you think? I like it because it looks so dainty!  I also like it because it has that "Victorian" look. I was able to buy this kit at 50% off, and I didn't have to pay for shipping! Therefore it only cost me $20.

It came to me by way of my friend Pat, who bought a case lot of dollhouse and miniature items from a woman named Amber who had posted an ad on kijiji. See the post "I can build a Dollhouse Super quick" for more details. This case lot came with quite a lot of dollhouse kits so Pat decided to sell them off at 50% off and gave her friends first dibs on looking them over and deciding what they wanted to buy. She did this with a bunch of dollhouse furniture too so I got a bargain on a bunch of things.

Since I am extremely broke right now, Pat simply set my things aside for me and I'll pay her when I go back to work in a couple of months.

This dollhouse will take a lot of work to build! And I might wait until we are living in a bigger place. Right now I simply take over part of our tiny kitchen table for my projects, but for a dollhouse kit you need to be able to leave it over night when you glue the walls and floors together and hold them together with clamps. Still, even though I won't be able to get started on this project for awhile, I have already started planning what I'm going to put in each room. The planning phase is always so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...